AC503: Advanced Auditing | Unit 4
Unit 4 Assignment
This assignment will assess the following Course Outcome:
AC503-3: Determine the key performance indicators of process and financial risks.
The Unit 4 Assignment contains a case study Mt. Hood Furniture and a problem involving PPS sampling. At the completion of the assignment, you should have a practical understanding of the process of preparing an assessment of the data obtained from the process and using PPS sampling. You can find this assignment at the end of Chapter 13
Required: Compose your Assignment in a Word document and save it as Username AC503 Assignment Unit#.doc (Example: TAllen AC503 Assignment Unit 4.doc).
Case Questions (Word document) APA format
1. Title page/Reference page.
2. Answer all questions as shown below in the case study. Each answer should be at least 2-3 paragraphs. Include the questions on your paper; submit as a Word document.
3. Case Study (13-36) Mt. Hood furniture located at the end of Chapter 13.
(Mt. Hood Furniture—PPS sampling problem) You have been assigned the task of testing the accuracy of the final inventory compilation for Mt. Hood Furniture. You may assume that you have separately observed the inventory and that you are satisfied that the inventory was accurately counted. However, you need to test that quantities were accurately transcribed to the final accumulation and valuation of inventory and that the inventory is correctly priced and accumulated. The table beginning on page 617 of textbook (note page number could vary if using ebook) presents the audited values associated with Mt. Hood’s pricing and accumulation of all items in inventory.
The book values will be given to you by your professor. You may assume that you have performed the tests to determine the proper pricing for raw materials, work in process, and finished goods. The student should understand that the auditor will normally obtain this information only for the items included in the sample.
a) Identify the audit objectives that are accomplished by this test.
b) Determine sample size based on the following audit judgments.
● Tolerable misstatement is assessed at $325,000.
● The risk of incorrect acceptance is assessed at 37%.
● Anticipated misstatement is assessed at $100,000.
1. Develop a scenario that is consistent with setting the risk of incorrect acceptance at 37%.
2. Select a PPS sample of the above inventory population using the sample size determined in (2) above.
3. Explain the tests that you would perform to test the correctness of pricing of raw materials, work in progress, and finished goods.
4. Determine the amount of projected population misstatement based on your sample.
5. Considering your quantitative and qualitative results, develop a statistical conclusion and an audit conclusion based on your sample.
Once completed, submit your Assignment to the Unit 4 Assignment Dropbox. Assignments are due Tuesday 11:59 p.m. ET of their assigned unit.
AC503: Assignment Item criteria: Points Possible Points Earned
AC503: Advanced Auditing | Unit 4
The case study is a minimum of 4 pages, double spaced, not including the title and reference pages. Includes all of the main elements and requirements and cites multiple examples to illustrate each element.
Draws insightful conclusions that are thoroughly defended with evidence and examples.
Writing – No errors related to organization, grammar and style, and citations. Title page and reference page are included.
Total Points 100
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH STUDENT HOMEWORK HELP TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT